The parish bulletin includes a complete listing of church activities, events and updates.
December 12 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Join us Wed at 7pm or Thurs at 11am during Advent for prayer and meditation with Mary.
Imagine having an Advent that is more peaceful, more joyful, and more meaningful than ever before.
The Rejoice! Advent Meditations with Mary series lets you walk beside Mary during the first Advent as you get to know her in a way you haven’t before. Participants will gather weekly to share prayer and thoughts about their personal Advent journeys. Each participant will use the Rejoice! Journal at home throughout the week. The Journal offers more than insights and information about Mary’s life — it offers an opportunity for you to encounter Mary in the quiet of your heart. Each day, in a few short pages, Fr. Toups provides you with aids to help guide your prayer:
- A word – Focus on a single word each day to draw out the details, the specifics of who Our Lady is.
- A reflection – Learn more about Mary, the culture in which she was raised, and the world in which she lived.
- A Psalm – Each day you’re given a Psalm to pray (just as Mary herself would have prayed) to help you enter into prayer.
- A reading – In reading Sripture, you find the word of God, bringing you closer to Mary, who carried the word in her body.
- A prompt – Space is provide each day to journal. Record how the Lord is speaking to you this Advent.
If you’re interested in participating in Rejoice! please join us at the first gathering where you can preview a video and take a peek inside the journal. Please come when it is most convenient for you. The cost of the program is $6, which includes the journal and light refreshments. You can also participate in the program from the quiet of your own home if you are unable to attend the scheduled sessions.
Email Jamie Deignan email@example.com so we can reserve a Rejoice! journal for you, and let her know whether you plan to attend on Wednesdays, on Thursdays, or individually from your home.
Bring $6 to first session to cover cost of Rejoice! journal.
If you are unable to attend, you can participate from home. Video links will be available each week.